For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By NickZ
no if you look at the pattern, its 16-2 for 180 then another 16-2 for the next 180 so in a complete 360 degree the trigger will see 2 sets of 16 teeth with 2 missing at the end (or beginning depending on how you look at it) of each set so total missing teeth is 4, and i can't use a cam cycle trigger (look at the cam trigger pulses) and its variable cam (not sure if the timing of the cycle pulse will matter if it changes degrees slightly), I don't really want to chopping off teeth on the cam incase it doesn't work. maybe ill just put on a trigger wheel
By mech5107
Has anyone worked on the suzuki M series engine? Very strange cam pattern (at least strange to me).

From service manual:

Crank (sorry that's all the photo i have), looks like the Subaru 36-2-2-2

Camshaft (sorry got no photos of my own): It's 2-2-1-1 pattern. Haven't found something similar.
By hannded
Audi 8V
Golf MK3 4 cylinder 3+1 distributor pattern - This one would be great. Here in Brazil we drag those on daily basis and the basic distributor function does not cover It I guess
By jrbe
hannded wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:54 am Audi 8V
Golf MK3 4 cylinder 3+1 distributor pattern - This one would be great. Here in Brazil we drag those on daily basis and the basic distributor function does not cover It I guess
IIRC the distributor is a 4 window unit with one window larger. If you pick the correct firing edge they're all lined up (can't remember if it's rising or falling.)
Also, there is a VAG rear main seal with an integrated trigger wheel and sensor.
https://images.app.goo.gl/hE9KBp2tVQEyd7kz8
And
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... 017?page=2
If it fits your engines it's a relatively cheap and safe way to get good resolution. The trigger wheel on the distributor can be swapped for a one window or cut off the "other 3" walls to use the distributor as the sync / cam trigger.
By 960
I would really like support for the Bosch/Vag VVT trigger wheel with four flanks.

Trigger._bosch.png
Trigger._bosch.png (360.25 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
Trigger._bosch2.png
Trigger._bosch2.png (410.65 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
By Whikel
jrbe wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:37 pm
hannded wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:54 am Audi 8V
IIRC the distributor is a 4 window unit with one window larger. If you pick the correct firing edge they're all lined up (can't remember if it's rising or falling.)
Also, there is a VAG rear main seal with an integrated trigger wheel and sensor.
https://images.app.goo.gl/hE9KBp2tVQEyd7kz8
And
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... 017?page=2
If it fits your engines it's a relatively cheap and safe way to get good resolution. The trigger wheel on the distributor can be swapped for a one window or cut off the "other 3" walls to use the distributor as the sync / cam trigger.
Yes, if you pick the falling edge (when the magnet is exposed to the hall sensor) they should all line up.

Sorry, this was taken from a spanish manual. Some clarification: "APMS" is translated to BTDC and "PMS" to TDC.
It's 4 cylinder engine very similar to mk1. mk2 and even some mk3 golfs. If i remember correctly, this engine was based on the EA827.
Support for this would be great to make a plug 'n play speeduino version for engines using the Magneti Marelli AVB or AVP .

Anyway, for greater resolution you'd need to use the rear main seal trigger wheel like the AP Flex or any other 60-2 trigger wheel mounted on the crank pulley.
Last edited by Whikel on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?