For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By joey120373
Wondering how difficult it would be to use a spare analog input to adjust the timing “ on the fly “?

I was jut looking at flea bay and saw some of the MSD units for sale, and I thought that would be a neat feature on the speeduino.

Weather it adjusted the whole table or just the active parts of the table ....

I understood how TS talks to SD to adjust such things, I could see using another Arduino to read a pot and then send the required serial commands....
By Mr_Hypnotic
As a guy who likes to tinker with things, this sounds like a fun idea. I remember seeing some old engines with a lever to adjust the timing.

What would having manually adjustable timing gain though? I would think that a well tuned speedy could adjust the timing better than me. That would free me up to do other things, read a book, listen to music, or even pay attention to driving. :D
By joey120373
As far as I know, speedy doesn’t adjust timing.

Fuel yea, it has feedback from the WBO2, but timing is , for most of us, tuned by ear and the butt dyno.
A knob would be a whole lot easier than a laptop, and give real time feedback.

Add a push button ( or a rotary encoder with a button ) to burn the new value and seems like a handy tool to me.
By PSIG
Timing is infinitely adjustable in Speeduino, and is much more flexible than a box like the MSD. With TunerStudio and MegaLogViewer on Speedy, you can change timing in any increment, for the whole table or one cell, or any selected cells in-between. Setting timing at any given point is through results, and those are shown in gauges and traces as your feedback. The feedback you are focusing-on is indicators of improvement in efficiency.

That efficiency is demonstrated by positive changes in output (torque, HP, etc), or BSFC, economy, response time, or a variety of other feedback data such as MAP level. While you can see some of this in real-time gauges, or in time intervals (increase in speed over time (RPMdot), or speed/RPM over fixed distance, etc), or most usefully in recorded logs (allowing overlay and comparison to the last run); the point is to give the engine what it wants, and using the data to know the tuning direction to take and the peak when you get there.

"Sounding" or "feeling" more powerful (?) is one data point. To be efficient in finding actual best settings, data from many points is preferred, and in a way we can compare and analyze. That's in the programming software (TunerStudio and mostly MegaLogViewer), and with controlled and methodical changes based on comparative test results. Using the Spark Table for timing adjustments allows us to do that, simultaneously with changes in torque, fuel, etc, and in-conjunction with all the other data simultaneously.

I've used knobs in the past when it was all carbs and mechanical FI. A knob was better than stopping to pull-out the wrench and turn the distributor in days past, often just to keep-up with weather changes at the track. The ECM automatically does that for us now. We can do it all from the seat or bench or even track-side and all in one program environment, where it's all tied-together and one click is one degree (or whatever you select) on specifically-chosen cells without moving from the laptop to a dash knob and back.

Most tuning adjustments and settings are done while I'm sipping on a cup of coffee, and while I'm comparing feedback data. Just IMO, keeping it all on the same screen and control works better.

David
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I checked and my sensor is not loose. Trigger whee[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?