For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By maisdc
I'm installing a water cooler, I had the idea to use the feature that already exists to control the radiator fan. It would be enough if the control option based on the engine temperature had the option of choosing the temperature of the intake air. Then you would choose from which temperature the water cooler pump would turn on. Sorry my bar english, i use Google Translator. Thanks.
By PSIG
Sure, that would work if you modified the FAN code section to read the IAT or a second CLT for the water cooler temperature. Or, you could just insert a $2 stand-alone thermal switch and a relay into your pump power circuit, in order to read water cooler temperature and operate the pump directly as-wanted.

I have done this with water-air intercoolers for example. Even better is to also add a Hobbs pressure switch or use the Speeduino VVT function to switch the pump on anytime there is high-throttle or boost. Then, the pump runs either with any boost or if temperature is rising, or both.

David
By maisdc
PSIG wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:02 pm Sure, that would work if you modified the FAN code section to read the IAT or a second CLT for the water cooler temperature. Or, you could just insert a $2 stand-alone thermal switch and a relay into your pump power circuit, in order to read water cooler temperature and operate the pump directly as-wanted.

I have done this with water-air intercoolers for example. Even better is to also add a Hobbs pressure switch or use the Speeduino VVT function to switch the pump on anytime there is high-throttle or boost. Then, the pump runs either with any boost or if temperature is rising, or both.

David
Sorry, but I don't understand what a topic with the name "Feature Request", and the answer is always DIY? All the hardware already exists on the board, the code already exists, the only thing I requested would be to add an option to select the variable which the code will take into account to turn the fan on or off. It would make speeduino with more features with very little code change. My intention is not to hang more things on the vehicle, but to use Speeduino to do everything related to the engine.
By PSIG
@maisdc — As I said, yes, Speeduino could control this feature, and the code modified to-suit. Go for it! However, part of my purpose was twofold, one to clearly outline the function desired in order to transpose the function to Speeduino code ("what does it need to do?"). This typically assists in how to lay out the function, taking it from basic terms of function, and adding more capabilities that basic function could use to perform better.

Second, feature requests can take weeks, months or never, and while outlining the basic function we have an alternative to get your project going immediately to test those functions. Discover what works right and what doesn't in the real world, and what basic function may lack that could be added, so the feature is solid and complete in the first code iteration if possible. This is common in racing development for good reasons. If you are doing the coding, then this step is not necessary, and you can experiment until it's ready for integration. If you are depending on others to create the code changes, updates and results, the process can be long and frustrating.

So, now you have options to select-from. Use what you like, ignore what you don't, and do your thing. It doesn't hurt my feelings, and I'm only offering options for how to get to your goals quickly and effectively.

David

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?