For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By lwoodward96
Hi Again!
My Triumph Stag is still running well on my EFI conversion, and the November firmware's inclusion of idle ignition advance settings has allowed me to smooth the idle, especially when going from park/neutral to drive/reverse on the gearbox. The characteristic drop in revs when engaging gear has gone from 1000 down to 700rpm, to 900 down to 800rpm.
However, when slowing down to a stop, as the engine speed drops below the threshold for idle, it switches immediately to the idle advance settings. This results in a very quick drop in rpm.
Would it be possible to ramp it from map to idle? Rather than an immediate switch?
Alternatively, if anyone can provide some info on implementing a PID (or just PI) function for idle advance, even if it's just in code rather than through tuner studio, I'd be grateful!
Thanks, Lawrence
By Ilotalo
lwoodward96 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:45 pm Hi Again!
My Triumph Stag is still running well on my EFI conversion, and the November firmware's inclusion of idle ignition advance settings has allowed me to smooth the idle, especially when going from park/neutral to drive/reverse on the gearbox. The characteristic drop in revs when engaging gear has gone from 1000 down to 700rpm, to 900 down to 800rpm.
However, when slowing down to a stop, as the engine speed drops below the threshold for idle, it switches immediately to the idle advance settings. This results in a very quick drop in rpm.
Would it be possible to ramp it from map to idle? Rather than an immediate switch?
Alternatively, if anyone can provide some info on implementing a PID (or just PI) function for idle advance, even if it's just in code rather than through tuner studio, I'd be grateful!
Thanks, Lawrence
I have fight with these problems and i have tweaked ecu code from these parts.

For that idle load change i have simple solution to adjust idle so it stays in right idle speed. Simply if rpm is under threshold +1 to idle and if it's over -1. In my situation it's working well.

That slowing time problem i have done more coding. I have logic how it opens valve if rpm or MAP is high. If i decelerate idle closes slowly. When decelerate stops it starts to control that simple adjust.

I have done delay for deceleration and idle advance setting so it goes more smooth from deceleration to idle.

Now i have driven car month whiteout done any new code for it. I think it works well. And i open that idle valve in cranking at max so i don't need press gas pedal when i start.
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?