For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
as i stated the h6 subaru motors use a 36-1-1-1 trigger wheel but its off set in its pattern
The Subaru H6 is set up different sequence is : (19 teeth, missing, 10 teeth, missing,missing)

The Subaru H4 sequence : (13 teeth, missing, 16 teeth, missing, missing)

i want to use stock location crank sensor and crank wheel im willing to pay to have this added or have a edited code to make the changes im not good with code but im almost done setting up.harness i want to test fire motor please help me
You describe the pattern as 36-1-1-1 but then say its,
The Subaru H6 is set up different sequence is : (19 teeth, missing, 10 teeth, missing,missing)

The Subaru H4 sequence : (13 teeth, missing, 16 teeth, missing, missing)
I read those as 36-1-2. Which tooth corresponds to TDC?
for anyone who is interested in coding this pattern, something isn't correct. Its a 36 tooth pattern with 3 missing teeth. In the example given for h4 and h6 the total teeth don't add up to 36 when taking into account the missing teeth, eg
H6 - 19+gap+10+gap+gap = 32 teeth
H4 - 13+gap+16+gap+gap = 32 teeth
@miker, it's a mess. Lots of contradictions to confuse everyone. I'm not using this, and I do not have a wheel from any of them to know anything, so keep that in-mind. If it was just you or just me — no problem. We would skip the online noise and test our own setup. All of this may not help at all. :lol:
• Some reference this image as a "36-2-2-2", which is listed as an RX8 wheel:
rx8trigger.jpg
rx8trigger.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
And then we have web images such as this, claimed as a 36-2-2-2, but does seem to match the drawing:
36-2-2-2_NOT.png
36-2-2-2_NOT.png (41.68 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Here we see what appears to be the same wheel described above. Important is that it's a VR sensor (and how that reads), and assumes it reads both ends of the small block as a full edge, and also the center of the big block. This counts correctly (in my eyes). However, the proof is in a 'scope trace or tooth log. They have a 'scope trace depicted in the drawing, but whether I count it leading or trailing or inverted... it's wrong and shows 37 edges. Unfortunately, that should be our proof of readable edges and it's pooched. It is designed as a VR-specific wheel I think.

But oddly, if you used a Hall sensor, then it would likely not read one end of each block, nor exceed threshold in the center of the two blocks. In that case, whether leading or trailing edges, it works! OK, I'll say it has 36 teeth, but not 36-2-2-2. I'm guessing on what a given digital setup would actually read here, as thresholds would play the deciding factor. That said, it would instead be a 36-2-3-3, reading 15·2·1·3·12·3 (underlined are missing). Oh, but try this. If it reads only trailing edges, and threshold is high so it only reads full edges, then it shows a 27-3-6 (15·3·12·6). :roll: I can't be sure without a 'scope or logic analyzer on the real thing.

Anyway, I can see this as a hairball, with different reads depending on sensor, and even on trigger threshold for edges, while VR polarity or digital ground would be critical. And that's before we consider thresholds. I would suggest anyone actually needing this wheel, do a full oscilloscope trace directly on the sensor output, and one on a conditioner output (or full tooth log on an ECM) to verify what Speeduino will "see". The sensor polarity and probes would be very important to read it correctly. Repeat again if it is a digital sensor, and again how that sensor reads when a tooth or gap is under the sensor (most ground but some float).

Lots to go wrong here, and why I think this pattern has been such a struggle. One user and setup would be predictable, but so many combos... Good luck! :lol:

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?