Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Yoosyn
It is not related with new firmware update.
Case1:
Speeduino working in parallel to OEM. OEM harness where VR1+ and VR2+ are separate and VR1- VR2- are bridged. MAX conditioner.
Settings (+new ignition mode)
ParallelSettings.png
ParallelSettings.png (58.42 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
It may get sync or not. It started to get sync randomly after OCT18 trigger rework. Comparing AUG18 and OCT18 i found solution disabling one line:
linedisabled.png
linedisabled.png (14.93 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
Now it get sync every time but need at least 2s of cranking. RISING trigger edge gives good timing with slight drift (around 1degree per 1kRPM). FALLING gives 12 degree overadvanced timing (dont know about drift, didnt measure). With "NEW ignition mode" I can't influence timing with trigger angle. Trigger angle works with "old" ignition mode. Here is composite log as I use this trigger in my daily (RISING edge + new ignition mode):
paralell.png
paralell.png (162.61 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
Otherwise than long sync there is also small bogging, ignition drop around 1600, 2400, 2700, 3200 rpm. It is repetable and showed after updating AUG18-> OCT18. Currently I'm using MAY20 and it is still there. Otherwise trigger is fully usable.

Case2: I started working on stand alone version based on 0.4.3c. MAX9926 conditioner.
After few days of problem solving i got it running, with fuel pump, fan and every accessory I need. The problem is it only get sync with FALLING trigger angle:
sasetting.png
sasetting.png (52.91 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
And this is composite log:
sa2.png
sa2.png (193.78 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
It sync only on FALLING setting which gives 12degree overadvanced (and stable) timing. It can be corrected using "old ignition mode" but timing becomes unstable on mid/high rpm...
During messing with harness I accidently changed VR1+ and VR2+. It got sync very fast :D of course it was showing wrong messy RPM.
Now my questions:
What can I do to make it work good? Should I provide VR1- and VR2- separate lines? May I use R10 and R12 resistors on VR conditioner? What trigger angle should be used when working with VR conditioner? Do changing polarity remove 12 degree offset on FALLING trigger angle?
By NickZ
You cannot share VR signals, you will never get it perfect.
If you want to run them in parallel you will need a new trigger for the speeduino.
By theonewithin
That trigger wheel is still in testing.

If you want to help get it finished join Slack and speak with those on there about what they need to get it done.

If you just want to get your car running with Speeduino right now you are best to change to a different trigger pattern.
By Yoosyn
NickZ wrote:You cannot share VR signals, you will never get it perfect.
I heard about it. It was setup just for test, and last for two years.
theonewithin wrote:That trigger wheel is still in testing.
If you want to help get it finished join Slack and speak with those on there about what they need to get it done.
I've made annoucment on slack. Maybe someone will help. Sadly, my coding skill is not sufficent to do that.. but I'm willing to test out any new version :twisted:
By Damouk
Did the 202008 firmware fix your misfire?

I'm working on an na subaru which has a random misfire. I have spotted when it misfires injector 1 doesn't squirt (led fails to flash)

Also having a similar issue getting sync. I have separated the vr- signals (fairly easy as there's a joint block right by the ecu)

I could only get sync with the vr wires swapped and sync in every cycle set to no. It seems ok, but also have an ofset that can't be changed
By Yoosyn
Damouk wrote:Did the 202008 firmware fix your misfire?
Yes, no more misfires :D

You might try putting both VR - to the ground. Oem harness do so.
I take break testing stand alone version. Parallel version is working very good. Only drawback is 2,5-3s sync time.
By jonathanlawley
Hi, Ive been trying to work on the 6/7 trigger wheel based upon what Yoosyn has said. It seems to me that by disabling that single line of code(and bypassing the filter) that would mean the filter is too aggressive. Setting it to "10" instead of "2" may decrease sync times.

I am using a DSC Dual Signal Conditioner(this one https://wtmtronics.com/product/dsc-dual ... tioner-vr/)
and I have only been able to get it to sync randomly but once it does the car runs fine.
By PSIG
The posts indicate there may be a mismatch in sensor polarity (positive vs negative) versus conditioner type (inverting vs non-inverting).

Have each of you tested to verify your sensor polarity?

In a general sense—if tested polarity is correct—the settings for Rising or Falling would be opposite for the two types of signal conditioners. Polarity or inversion type can cause changes in both the pattern timing (possibly slow or no sync) and causing other issues such as timing drift. Coupled VR- signals can cause false signals or "ghosting", common in Toyota, Subaru, etc. Each of these can mess with what the decoder expects.
By jonathanlawley
I have not checked my polarity but I have it wired up to the stock bulkhead(I sacrificed an old ECU). On top of that I had it running on 32-2-2-2 trigger wheel. I didnt like not being able to stick my stock ecu back in so I went back to 6/7. but yes I realied that my VR conditioner in NONinverting so I need to try FALLING

I know almost every single person has issues with the 6/7 and to the point that if I even mentioned trying to get it to work that everyone in subaru NA/T forums everyone would tell me its a waste of time.

I pretty competent at coding so I wanted to take a crack at it. I am going to make essentially a rudimentary progressive filter based off of what is already there. I.E. start from a really weak filter then after each failed sync work up to the more aggressive one.
By Yoosyn
jonathanlawley wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:26 am I pretty competent at coding so I wanted to take a crack at it.
If you improve it I gonna send you a beer from poland 8-)
jonathanlawley wrote:Hi, Ive been trying to work on the 6/7 trigger wheel based upon what Yoosyn has said. It seems to me that by disabling that single line of code(and bypassing the filter) that would mean the filter is too aggressive. Setting it to "10" instead of "2" may decrease sync times.
So the line will look like this:
triggerSecFilterTime = curGap2 >> 10;

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?