For anything related to these forums itself including moderation, suggestions, artwork etc.
By punisher454
Thats like the Chevy LT1 encoder wheel, but the low res on the LT1 has 8 slots since its 8 cylinders. 4 of them are narrow, and 4 of them have varying width. I am fairly certain also that the LT1 uses the same or similar optical sensor.
LT1_Encoder_Wheel.jpg
LT1_Encoder_Wheel.jpg (90.03 KiB) Viewed 8199 times
By noisymime
I've just pushed up some changes to this decoder that should allow it to work on 4 and 6 cylinder engines. Working well on the stim, but I don't have an engine to try on currently.

I can potentially look at adding the 8 cylinder support for the LT1 as it looks like it would fit in quite easily.
By punisher454
noisymime wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 am I can potentially look at adding the 8 cylinder support for the LT1 as it looks like it would fit in quite easily.
Is there much additional processing overhead for the 360 wheel vs something like a 60 tooth wheel?
By noisymime
punisher454 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am
noisymime wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 am I can potentially look at adding the 8 cylinder support for the LT1 as it looks like it would fit in quite easily.
Is there much additional processing overhead for the 360 wheel vs something like a 60 tooth wheel?
Surprisingly no. I had thought initially it would be, but the funny thing is that, whilst it causes a LOT of interrupts due to the resolution, calculating crank angle with it is trivial. No tricky maths or trying to predict acceleration etc, you have so much resolution that you can calculate the current crank position very very simply. Overall it is a touch slower than something like a 36-1, but I was pleasantly surprised by how little difference there was.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?